Nov 3, 2010

Por Vos

This is probably the prettiest song/poem I've experienced in my life.
It echoes perfectly my sentiments for the love of my life- Jesus Christ, who is my Savior and changed my life.

Listen to the song along with the lyrics (translation below lyrics)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxa_PsQ-A5Y



Amor De Mi Alma

Yo no naci, sino para quereros;
Mi alma os ha cortado a su medida;
Habito del alma misma, del alma misma os quiero.
Escrito esta en mi alma vuestro gesto;
Yo lo leo tan solo que aun de vos me guardo en esto.
Quanto tengo, confiesso yo de veros;
Y por vos naci, por vos tengo la vida,
Habito del alma misma os quiero.
Y por vos e de morir,
Y por vos muero.
Por vos.



Lover of My Soul

I was born to love only You
My soul has formed You to its measure
I want You as a garment for my soul
Your very image is written on my soul
Such indescribable intimacy, I hide even from You
All that I have, I owe to You
For You I was born, and for You I live
I want You as a garment for my soul
And for You I must die
And for You I give my last breath
For You

No comments: