Aug 15, 2011

Quick Update on Life

1. I love lists.

2. I'm extremely happy today. I got to sit in Starbucks and read and journal for about 3 and a half hours today.

3. The power of God seen yesterday at church is still blowing my mind.

4. I'm extremely disappointed in the lack of commitment and personal vision in some people. Honestly, it's not about you. It's not about me. It's about God, and His church. When we make it all about us, we lose God's perspective.

5. I'm currently reading 5 books. "Intoxicated with Babylon" (Steve Gallagher). "Visioneering" (Andy Stanley). "Erasing Hell" (Francis Chan). "Treat Me Like a Customer" (Louis Upkins Jr.). And The Holy Bible, inspired by Jesus Christ Himself. Leaders are readers, and I have fallen in love with reading.

6. I'm incredibly excited about life. I'm dating my best friend. She's a prayer warrior, is in love with reading God's word, and loves people. She's a witness. An example of holiness. A genuine Christian. She's my best friend. Looking forward to what God has in store for us. :)

7. I am continually growing in personal vision for my life under God's direction, and it's really fun.

8. I have two semesters left of school. Period.

9. I wrote one of the longest emails today that I have ever written. Updating somebody on my life. Somebody who spoke into my life about a year and a half ago that changed my life forever. I started crying about 3 times during the email. Without this person's sensitivity to the Holy Spirit, I don't know where I would be today.

10. Looking back on my life, I know God has my in the palm of His hand. So many things have been added and subtracted from my life for specific reasons. The people that are in my life now are in my life for a specific reason. People that aren't in my life anymore are not in there for specific reasons.

11. I currently journal in 3 different journals. It's real cool.

12. I'm going to write a book one day.

13. As much as some people think they "know God's plan for my life", only God does. I have mentors for a reason. If you're not my mentor, don't tell me what I'm going to be doing in 5 years. Even if it is in a joking manner. And I say that all with a smile on my face. :)

14. Vision needs experience. I'm all for God's will happening in my life. Sometimes that vision needs to be backed with experience because God doesn't blindly throw somebody into a situation that they can't control or come out the victor.

15. Prayer is awesome.

1 comment:

Evelyn Jean said...

I just love this whole list. :)