Oct 3, 2011

My World

Your laugh, a symphony. Your smile, the sunrise.

Your heart, the ocean. Your eyes, the galaxy.

You strengthen, renew, lift up.

Complete, arrive, awaken.

Your soft words heighten each scattered thought.
For your heart, my soul has always fought.
A day without you is like a song without music.
I'll carry the rhythm, but without you, I'd lose it.

In my thoughts. In my words. In everything.
So much life. Like arrivals of spring.
So dance with me. I'll take the lead.
We'll take it at the slowest speed.

Words fail when expressing my heart.
But here is the place I'll try to start.
My poetry, a cluttered mess of letters and lines.
My attempts to show how with you, my world shines.

So thank you. For being there.
For simply laughing, crying, talking, joking, singing, and sitting silent. With me.
Just to be with you makes my day. Every day.

My dear Evelyn. You mean so much to me.
You're my world.

No comments: