Dec 13, 2011

Piano "lessons"

As a piano teacher (and I'm guessing any teacher has this same experience), I see kids that want to learn, but don't have the drive to actually put effort into it, and it's frustrating.
When I give a student a lesson and something to work on that week, I expect them to practice it.
One of my students is currently on their 4th week on the SAME worksheet because they haven't practiced it. :/ It's frustrating to me because I want them to continue and to progress.

Then, God spoke to me in His soft voice. But His words make me literally stop what I was doing and reflect on what He said.

He asked me the question How many times have I given you a test, and I have to keep sending you the same tests because each time, you haven't learned from the last time?


Wow. Convicted. It's so true though. Too often we have to keep repeating the same tests because we don't learn. God wants us to learn. He's disappointed because he wants us to continue and to progress. He wants to move on to bigger and better things. He's waiting on us to learn.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog