Sep 11, 2012

Myriad of Sentiments

It's been far too long for comfort since I've blogged. For those who care, I'm going to write a few updates in my life since I've been absent.

First of all, I'm married. Yes, this is the best thing that's ever happened to me outside of Jesus. She's amazing. Incredible. The best thing that ever happened to me. I love her. She's my best friend, and I love being with her all the time. It's amazing to KNOW that you're in God's will. He is pleased, for sure. The whole engagement process was incredible, too. Sometimes people have insane problems during this time. However, for us, it was amazing. Marriage is AWESOME. It's so much fun living with another person. Getting ready. Going running. Making dinner (aka, learning to cook together lol). It's simply a blast. To those that are dating, engaged, not yet dating, etc...it's worth it to wait for marriage. Don't rush God's plan. He has a specific time line for you. Let Him do His job. :)
Shout out to Evelyn, who rocked a 5:30am run with me this morning AND made an incredible dinner last night. Love you. :)

Secondly, I've been writing songs recently. I do plan on recording again. An acoustic album. I'm very excited for this. I feel like God has been giving me lyrics and the creative spark to form these into songs. The enemy continuously tries to fill my mind with doubts, discouragements, lies and confusion. Honestly, it's a battle to write sometimes. Thoughts of whether or not my message will be accepted. Will it be good enough? Why would I wonder if it'll be good enough? That's not God's will. He has a message that He wants to portray through me, and that's all that matters. I just have to carry this out. Encouragement is welcome.

Thirdly, I've really been thinking the idea of discipleship. A good friend of mine had a good quote. He said "If you don't set yourself up to be discipled, don't whine when you get overlooked".  At first sounding slightly harsh, I began to dwell on this. This was an incredible thought. If I set myself up to be discipled, then I will be discipled. How do I do this. Well, I must trust the person discipling me. Whether it's my pastor, my youth pastor, or my accountability partner, I must LET them disciple me. I have to put forth EFFORT to be discipled. Jesus' disciples dropped everything to follow Him. Granted, the people that mentor me aren't Jesus in the physical form, it's the person/people Jesus has placed in my life for a specific purpose. When I deny those that mentor me their right to correct me or lead me, I deny myself the opportunity to grow in Christ. What I'm understanding is that I MUST be open and transparent and allow my leaders...to lead me. That's all.

The end. Sorry for the randomness. Just had to get all that out. :)

No comments: