Feb 10, 2010

el sentimiento

So here i am. Currently analyzing poems in Spanish.
As boring as that may seem to some, I love it. The art of words, the art of words in another language, and understanding it. Interpretation.
My two classes in spanish this semester: Interpretation; Intro. to Spanish literature.
What have I had on my mind this week involving spanish? Glad you asked.
Grad school. For spanish. To get my masters (obviously).
Every day, my love for the spanish language is growing.
...it seems like a race...
Currently, i'm a nursing/spanish double major. It seems each day i'm directed more and more to the spanish language, and away from the medical field. Although i've wanted to be a nurse for many years, my love for language is outrunning my love for medicine. I think Spanish just might have lapped medicine a couple times.
this is where careful consideration/prayer/seeking for direction is coming in.
There's just not a feeling like talking to somebody in spanish and their face lights up because you speak their language. It's a connection. Connecting two worlds. Two cultures.
Some people just can't feel that, and will never experience that. But i can [and do].
Mi vida está en las manos de Dios.

lléname, lávame, Señor
te busco, te quiero
manda la lluvia
manda la lluvia Señor
manda la lluvia
yo quiero verte en este lugar.

No comments: