Apr 11, 2011

Weekend in the 'Lou

This past weekend was my brother's wedding. It was an incredible experience.
First of all, I love the city of St. Louis. The skyline, the city layout, everything. I enjoy being in the city every chance I get. I don't get to it but maybe 2 or 3 times a year. When we got there, we started the party early. Thi came down with me and my parents and we had a blast on the 7.5 hour drive.
The weather was instantly better than Wisconsin. The whole weekend was amazing weather. Coming back to WI wasn't the most pleasant, welcomed back by an insane tornado watch/thunderstorm party. (However, I do actually love thunderstorms...just not by myself...)
The guys day/bachelor party was epic. Corey, me, Eric, Jeromy, CJ, Thi, and Rick spent the whole day together friday. We laughed so hard on multiple occasions. At one point during the night, half of us got out of the Yukon and took off praise dancing in the middle of a busy road. It was just...out of control. So many stories. So many 'vault' moments. So many laughs. So many arnold palmers drank. Good, clean fun. We all probably fell asleep around 4am saturday morning. Corey was lively and playing music at about 6:30am. Me and CJ were the last to get up, not surprising...and the wedding day was started. :)

I loved the wedding. It was beautiful. Eventful. And topped out at about 40 minutes. My wedding will be as short. The music was crazy awesome, the people were crazy fun, and the bride and groom were crazy good looking.
I am so thrilled to have a sister in law. :) I'm awesomized to see how their marriage will unfold!
Danielle is awesome, and I love her!
Before I ramble on too much, I'll end shortly.
The ride home was just...amazing.
I love the people in my life. I love them so much. Movies :), music, laughter, food, drink, bathroom stops, naps, etc :)
Ever want a ride not to end? Crazy sounding, I know. But it was one of those rides. It was just, awesome. It was good to get home, but home this week is a lonely house filled with minimal events and routines. Necessary, yet...blah.
Looking forward to the events unfolding over the next couple months.





"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Others stay awhile, make footprints on our hearts and we are never, ever the same"
-Author Unknown

No comments: