Jan 4, 2012

#1

In prayer the other day, I felt God moving me back to songwriting. It's been a while since I've written a song. In 2011, I probably wrote 3. Not a lot, considering I think of myself as a song writer. God spoke to me and said that He wanted to use me in this area this year. I won't be posting most of my songs on here, as not to clutter the blog, but I may post one randomly. Here's the first one I wrote yesterday. 

Surrender



Verse I
In my life I don’t understand
Why You leave me, or so it seems
Where are You? Where am I?
I just want to be free.
I need You; I can’t do this alone.
I love You. Would You take me home?


Chorus
Jesus, I surrender to You.
Jesus, please make me new.
I’m tired of fighting; I’m tired of losing.
I’m tired of trying and failing.
I surrender.

Verse II
I need You more than the rain.
I’m lost without Your blood.
I need You to sustain.
Cover me like a flood.
I’m lonely, desperate; I need to be freed.
I’m calling, searching; Your strength I need.

Bridge
I surrender to Your grace. I surrender to Your love.
I surrender to Your mercy. I surrender to Your blood.
I surrender to Your promises. I surrender to Your peace.
I surrender to Your will, Lord. I know You are for me. 

No comments: