Jan 17, 2012

Friends.

It was at a Clintonville valley rally.
I met this girl at the after event. This girl would become my best friend.
For years, we never once talked about dating; never once read into our friendship.
We were just....friends.
People asked. Commented. Suggested. Joked.
But we never were more.

Until we were.

This girl is not only my girlfriend, but my best friend.
My favorite part of our relationship is how close we are as friends.
I genuinely like spending time with her.
I know her. She knows me.
There's so much to learn when you're dating somebody.
It creates complications if you're learning about them as a person that you don't really know.

I highly suggest that before you ever start to date somebody, become a great friend.
Get to know them. No strings attached. Don't be so into yourself that you have to have titles.
It's ok to be friends. I love my best friend. And I'd do anything for her :)

<3

No comments: