Jan 23, 2010

take it slow.

yesterday's post was for thursday!
so this is for today (saturday) and friday :)

When I think of the goodness of Jesus and all he has done for me, my soul cries out hallelujah! When I think about the Lord, how He saved me how He raised me, how He filled me with the holy ghost, how He healed me to the uttermost, when I think about the Lord, how He picked me up and turned me around, how He placed my feet on solid ground, it makes me wanna SHOUT hallelujah, thank you Jesus, Lord you're worthy of all the glory and all the honor and all the praise!

If you've never done a Daniel's fast, it really is rather difficult. I think in some ways it's almost easier doing a total fast. With the Daniel's fast, you need to be constantly aware of what you're putting in to your body. Foods to avoid: meat, dairy (any animal product), any sweeteners, any soda/coffee/tea, processed food, any leavened bread, fried food and solid fats. SO, that's a lot to take in. Foods to include: fruits, veggies, whole grains, nuts, seeds, legumes, quality oils, and various spices.

This is time to put our worldly flesh in submission to the will of God. Honestly, i've wanted to quit this 7 day daniel fast like 50 times throughout this week, but I said no. I've lasted this far and there's no use quitting now.

I'm getting excited for my future. My future has eventual goals (work, marriage, prosperous life, etc, you know, the norm), but goals are ambiguous. My life is so in the hands of God, and each of my future goals are totally dependent on Him. Now, the journey. Yes. The journey. That's the fun part. *break for musical interlude*
K. just had to listen to Ahmir sing for a second. Where was I? Oh. Yes. The journey. In the words of Miley Cyrus, ''it ain't about how fast I get there, ain't about what's waiting on the other side, it's the climb''. Not a big Miley fan, but I am a fan of good lyrics (and them are good lyrics). I have a tendency to look to far into my future. For example, what classes should i take this semester? i need to get this many to graduate, then i want to get out by this date because i wanna be out of school by this day...etc. Yes, planning is a good thing. But rolling with the punches is good too. College is a time where you have to be yourself and live life to the fullest. I'll eventually get out and live the rest of my life in the "real" world. But I also have the choice to let God lead me and guide me. I'd rather err on the side with the Big Man. So if you're in my life, and i'm in your life, lets not worry about what's gonna happen 5 years from now. Let's worry about what we're doing today! God's my primary focus! Ultimate goal=heaven. The rest will play out!
Maybe i'm rambling, idk. It's early, so it's possible.
Anyways, "Jonathan" project @ church today (more on that later), and a bible quizzing event this morning! :) fun times.

Remember, we're just ordinary people.

No comments: