Jan 2, 2011

Last year. This year.

In 2010, an extremely short list of what I did consists of:

Recorded bible verses for bible quizzing
Got about 15 parking tickets.
Learned the ABC's in sign language.
Did shows at four different coffee shops in Appleton.
Went to Florida.
Started teaching piano lessons.
Ran a half marathon
Worked for Yahoo, Inc.
Fell in love with the principles of Dave Ramsey.
Opened for Bebo Norman.
Opened for JJ Heller.
Worked at EAA.
Got played.
Started the youth choir.
Got hired to play piano for 6 hours straight.
Wrote two songs that will never be heard by anyone
Developed a love for insanely awesome christian rap. Lecrae, in particular.
Was a part of a mentoring group called "Jonathan's Project", where three older guys mentored 12 of us younger (18-30) guys.
Had an iPhone 3G, transfered to the iPhone 4.
Synced 4 iPhones, 3 iPods, 1 mp3 player, and an iPad with my phone. Yes, total of 9 devices.
I would like to see how much i spent at starbucks. Hah. That'd be classic. I may do that this year.....


But, most importantly.
I prayed more. I read my bible more. I witnessed more. I developed my own walk with God. I was sensitive to the spirit. I grew through hard situations. I grew through tough times. I grew when it felt like my world was crashing. I mentored young men to grow closer to God. I started a sexual purity group of guys at my church. I accepted the call of God on my life.



In 2011, I want to:
Run the Fox Cities full marathon.
Manage my money better.
Take on more piano students.
Eat more sushi.
Drink less caffeine.
Blog more.
See a miracle.
Read more books. My brother's goal is 12 this year. One per month. That sounds like an awesome goal. Yes, I'll do that.
Buy clothes at thrift stores more.
Write more worship songs.
Go on a missions trip.
Go to California.
Pray more. Every day, to be specific.
Go to more concerts. I'm thinking 10 concerts sounds good for 2011.
Mentor guys more.
Destroy the lines of separation in our youth group.
Pray for somebody in a public place.
Speak to the youth group more.
Grow closer to God than I ever have been in my life.


In general, this is my goal: to be INTENTIONAL. Intentional with the relationships with the people around me, intentional in my personal walk with God... intentional about my life.

No comments: