Jan 26, 2011

Walk in Love

Reflect God in how you love.

Ephesians 5:2 says "And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us,
and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savor"

I'm gonna be honest here. When I walk into a room, and I smell a really good perfume,
I'm going to look around to see which girl is wearing it. It's attractive.
Girls, when a guy walks into a room and has a very good smelling cologne on, you're going to notice it, right? Right. Chances are, you'll remember him too (or the cologne).

Getting a new cologne is a challenging thing for me. I know what I like, and I stick to it because I know I won't be let down by them. One cologne I will never wear is "Obsession". For some reason, it has always smelled disgusting to me. The mere thought of wearing this cologne makes me cringe, because I know what it smells like without having it right in front of me.

Check this out. Ephesians 5:2 says that God gave himself "an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savor". Maybe it's saying that God gave himself as an offering so we could use His love as a "cologne" or "perfume".
When a non believer is in a room with a Christian, something should be different about the Christian. God's love should be so strong on you that people will notice. People remember you. People remember.......what you're 'wearing'.
Just like the bad cologne, if you poorly represent Jesus and His love, chances are people won't want that in their life. They're going to recognize that name you were wearing and will not want that for themselves.


We must represent the name of Jesus in love. I never want somebody to hear the name of Jesus and instantly think negatively because of something I did. We must represent Jesus like it's the best cologne we own.

Ephesians 5:8. This is what we are.

No comments: