May 18, 2010

No matter the cost.

What is the will of God?
People will argue about predestination until the end of the world. I don’t believe predestination exists, nor do I believe it should be a part of any Christian’s viewpoints.
However, I do feel that God has a will for our lives. I like to think of the will of God as a street grid.
Every street we take, comes with turns.
Since God is omniscient, aka all knowing, he knows exactly what street we’re gonna take.
If we turn left, it leads to an entirely new list of turns and directions and available options. God knows where all of those roads lead to. He knows where every turn ends up. But, ultimately it’s our decision as to which path we’re going to take.
This is cool, yet scary. I want the will of God for my life. God wants his will for my life. But, God gave us free will. He won’t step into our lives and force His will on us.
He is prepared to bail us out if we fail. He is prepared to get us back on track when we stumble.
I pray every day for the will of God in my life. Even if I don’t understand what his will is, or if I can’t figure out what it is.
I may want something, but if it’s not God’s will, I don’t want it either. That’s when we need to pray like it’s goin out of style.
I feel that during times of uncertainty on the will of God, He uses people he’s placed in our lives to speak to us. This nifty little trick is called mentors. Those you are accountable to and mentor you can speak sometimes for the voice of God, He can give them direction and can help you when you don’t know what to do.
Sometimes we can pray so much that God will do something, that our vision for His will has become blurred.
But nonetheless, we must pray. And fast. And pray. And fast. And pray till it hurts. And fast till it feels like it’s gonna kills you.
Those that have spiritual leadership in our lives are our shepherds. They’ve put time into you. They want the best for you. It’s good to listen to them.
I am at a point in my life where I don’t know the will of God for my life.
Therefore, I’m seeking guidance. I’m looking to my mentors to help me. I’m praying. I’m fasting.
Sometimes it just feels like I could spontaneously burst out in tears because I don’t know what I’m doing. I feel like I have it under control, then God shows me that I don’t.
I get in this “ah, I’m fine, I can do this” mode, then I realize I can’t do this thing called life by myself.


The will of God. At any cost.

No comments: