Jun 20, 2011

Father.

Me and pops. We're a little crazy sometimes. And neither of us were looking at the camera. Oh well.
I love my dad.
I know this blog post is a little late, but I'm still gonna go for it.
He's trained me to be a man. To be a man of God. To be a man of God that loves the Word, respects the church, is faithful to a calling, and doesn't give up when times get difficult.
He's been an incredible example to me.
He didn't teach me how to root for the Packers.
But he did teach me how to be a worshipper.
He didn't teach me that being on a sports team was important.
But he did teach me that being in the House of God was imperative.
He taught me, and is still teaching me to this day, how to forgive.
He taught me many intangibles.
He taught me that school was important. But it was secondary compared to a relationship with Jesus.
He showed me that when life got hard, you needed a "bulldog grip", and keep living.
He's an unsung hero.
He taught me and my brother how to be a Christian. That is success.
He has a relationship with God. That is success.

Thanks Dad, for everything.

No comments: