Jun 25, 2011

Highway 41

Highway 41.
Stretching for well past the direction of which I normally travel it.
This highway has been my traveling companion for many years. More so in the last 3. 
I have a special relation with this highway. Much has been accomplished while either driving or riding on this highway. 


On Highway 41, I have:
-Accomplished a mile long lane change. Thanks, Corey. 
-Written a song.
-Cried until I had no more tears.
-Laughed until my stomach hurt.
-Told a girl we had to depart ways. 
-Recorded a video. 
-Read books.
-Thought. A lot. About life. About everything. Sometimes I drive the 30 min in complete silence. Just thinking. 
-Sang. Yelled. Rapped. Beat boxed. Harmonized. Sang off key. Etc. 
-Skyped. On my phone. 
-Prayed. A lot. 
-Head banged. 
-Air guitar'd Air drummed. Air bass'd. Air choir directed. Air probably everything else.
-Played ukulele. While driving. And took a video of it. 
-Car danced. 
-Held my head outside the window across the Butte Des Morts bridge. In the middle of winter. -Brushed my teeth. 
-Changed my entire outfit.
-Held hands.
-Practiced and prepared for a wedding gig. No, seriously.
-Almost gotten in 3 accidents. #angelsofprotection 
-Ate... Chinese. Fast food. Suckers. Ice cream.  Subs. Popcorn. And probably anything else you can think of.
-Been flipped off. Many 'a time. 
-Worked on choir parts.
-Wrote sermons.
-Talked on the phone. A. Lot. Especially those monotonous Sunday night after church drives. Thanks ;)
-Scarfed down many starbucks drinks. Too many. 
-Gotten into arguments. 
-Played games on my phone. 
-Poured my heart out to somebody.
-Listened as somebody poured their heart out to me.
-Taken pictures. 
-Pulled over the car, got out, and danced around the car while a shout beat was playing. Thanks, Thi. 
-Watched movies. TV episodes. Etc. 
-Taken naps. 
-Written chord charts. 
-Made set lists for service. 
-Texted the mess out of people...sometimes while driving. 
-Seen the road change paths, directions, speed limits, and alternative routes. 
-Cried listening to songs. Laughed listening to songs. 
-Told God my true feelings. Not holding anything back. 
-Had conversations with myself. Out loud. 


I'm sure there's much more.


This highway led me to a new church family. 
It brought me out of bitterness, into love, forgiveness, and peace. 
It taught me punctuality. With a 30 minute drive, being on time is a planned occurrence. 
...It just doesn't happen. (that'll preach) 
This highway brought me to a closer walk with God. 
It carried me to a place of healing. Commitment. Accountability. Growing. Opportunity. 
It's from this highway, I get to where I want to be. 
It's from this highway, I go to the place to restore my soul, enrich my life, and learn to be a better Christian man. 

The drive sometimes is long. Monotonous. 
Boring. 
But it's taught me a lot. It's brought me to where I am today. 
I have a special relationship with this highway. 

Because of this highway, I can go to a place on a weekly basis that has brought me to where I am today.




ps - love is unstoppable.