Jun 22, 2011

Who I Am



I am totally committed to being a Christian man who is spiritually strong and morally pure, and I know that the Lord will honor my commitment to Him (Psalm 37:5).
I will be accountable to God for all of my thoughts and deeds (2 Corinthians 10:5), but I will also be accountable to others, knowing that two are better than one (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12).
Even though I face many sinful temptations, they will not have dominion over me (Romans 6:14) because God has provided a way for me to escape them all (1 Corinthians 10:13).
He has promised to direct my steps, and even if I fall, He will uphold me with His hand (Psalm 37:24).
When I am drawn away by my own desires (James 1:14), I will fix my eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of my faith (Hebrews 12:2).
And if I do sin, I will quickly repent and find both forgiveness and cleansing from the Lord (1 John 1:9).
I will be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might (Ephesians 6:10) as I pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
I will abstain from all fleshly lusts which war against my soul (1 Peter 2:11), and I will run from any immoral situation (1 Corinthians 6:18)
Instead of pursuing the lusts of this world, I will pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace as I call on the Lord with a pure heart (2 Timothy 2:22).
By hiding the Word of God in my heart, I will cleanse my way and avoid sinning against the Lord (Psalm 119:9-11).
Daily, I will humble myself and pray, and seek the face of God as I turn from my sin, knowing that God will hear my prayers, forgive me, and heal my completely (2 Chronicles 7:14)


Because I was bought with a price, I am not my own. I know who I am. I am Yours. (1 Corinthians)

No comments: