Mar 5, 2010

Profile of Righteousness

The thought of "less of me, and more of You" may seem cliché, but it's crazy awesome.
I've been waking up with my mind on the things of God more than i believe i ever have.
I've been praying and seeking the will of God more than i ever have. I believe i'm on my way to personal revival. iyfd.
Ye shall know them by their fruits. So true. If that doesn't make you question your life and strive for change, it should.

Last night, I began on a journey with 11 other guys that will give us deeper roots, farther sight, bigger goals, and take us higher in our personal walk with God.
The subject: sexual purity.
For too long men have been quiet about the subject. For too long, fathers, sons, pastors, friends, brothers, etc. have stuck to, what is unofficially known as The Silent Code.
This 'code' is unofficially known by most guys. It basically states that any joke or funny conversation about sex is fine, but when a serious subject comes up, plead the 5th.
Not talking about what most guys deal with is detrimental.
Example. It'd be like a football team that has a terrible defensive line. The QB gets sacked 13 times a game, and the ball is never thrown or carried without a turnover. The team would address the issue and talk about it right? They wouldn't just assume it'd get better. That'd be insanity.
The same concept should be applied in dealing with sexual morality or purity [which is one in the same].

Ephesians 5 states exactly what God feels:

3But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people. 4Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. 5For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a man is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.a]" style="line-height: 0.5em; ">[a] 6Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 7Therefore do not be partners with them.

Strong? To some it may seem so. But I'm gonna take the Bible's side with this one. It's plainly stated, and we should obey it. This journey is an 8 week study on the book "Every Young Man's Battle". If you haven't read it, you should.

God impressed me about a year ago that he wanted me to work on this subject with others. I felt that God gave me a big opportunity, yet a large task. Discussions yes, can be awkward, but i'll take awkward over people losing their soul any day of my life. This is me owning the devil and super sizing my spiritual walk with God [and leading others].

It's gonna be an awesome ride. An amazing journey with 11 other guys that I am very serious about helping to deal with what every guy deals with.

No comments: