May 2, 2011

In the Letters of a Poet

If I had to choose a super power, it wouldn't be to fly
It wouldn't be teleportation, 'cause anyone can try
It wouldn't even be ability to lift buildings and trains
Or construct a shopping mall with my eyes and my brains
It'd be omniscience

All knowing, perceiving, all powerful in mind
To know whats being thought, to know each kind
There'd be a major price to pay, for knowing too much
But I'll take just a little bit, to know only such
But can it be

Or if I could know the outcome to every scheme
Or see it fulfilled for every 'I have a dream'
Or make a flower unfold and every tree give height
Or every deaf ear sound and every blind man sight
Or so I wonder

What if I could show how I truly feel
And not mess up the words or make the wrong deal
To say everything perfectly and get it all right
To have just a clue or a glimpse of light

No comments: